Thursday, January 23, 2014

The End of the World!!!

We'll if you needed one more sign that the end of the world is coming, here it is!!!   I actually created a blog and posted to it.  Everyone knows about the fatty singing, but the fat guy blogging is soo much more the bringer of doom.  

I actually decided to start this blog yesterday morning at about 3:00AM.   I have been struggling as I feel like the world is collapsing in on me.   I have been sleeping mostly thanks to the use of prayer and faith.   I woke up at 2:00AM and I couldn't get my mind to stop.   I finally got up and went upstairs to pray and look for peace.  What I found was what I truly needed.   I have an app on my iPad that let's me download the last Ensign pretty much the minute it is published.  Well when I got up I had a notice that the Feb Ensign was available.   I downloaded it, and started reading it.   I was so spiritually fed.   I read a bunch of articles and each one had something that I needed to hear and feel.    I read about communicating with your spouse (I thought a spouse was only a special person you plot against with the kids, also a great person to get your kids to compare you against so they always know who the cool daddy is.).  Well after reading the article I realized that I am supposed to actually talk to her.  Who knew!!   All joking aside it made me realize that I can do better communicating with Eve (Eve if you read this and comment, I will go back to plotting with the kids against you!  I am thinking flour and turning off the hot water while you are in the shower!). At the very end of the article ever was 1 small brief paragraph that talked about using these communication techniques in your prayers.  The last line was simply "if you pray superficially, Heavenly Father can only answer you distantly." (paraphrased).   I realized that I needed to change the way I pray.  I have always prayed asking and thanking for what is important in my life, but leaving out my feelings and concerns behind my request.  I did this because I know Heavenly Father can see my heart and know my sincerity.  I realized I should be sharing my feelings and concerns because it allows Heavenly Father to help me change my perceptions and adjust my feeling to fits his needs for me.    After I finished reading I knelt in prayer and applied my new knowledge.    I felt so refreshed and changed.   As I stood up from my prayer, I got the clear impression that my Ipad was given to me, so I could keep an active journal.   I immediately found a could journal app and wrote down my feelings.  I decided I would start a blog too (Even if it meant taking crap from April.) (April I am quite positive I can influence your kids to plot against you with me, so watch it!! You won't even see it coming!).   So here I am writing a blog.    I will fill everyone in on the 5 crazy people at our house in another post coming soon.  

8 comments:

  1. I cherish your thoughts. They are very insightful and good for all of us to ponder. I had to laugh at your blog title since it implies you are the only sane one in the family but your e-mail address admits you're not!! Love you, son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great news! Not that the end of the world is here, but that you are blogging! It is a small way for us to keep up with your family adventures but more importantly, we can feel your spirit and learn GOOD things from you. (We'll ignore the plotting :) We all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a pretty faithful blog reader, so I'm delighted to share your thoughts and insights - and I agree with your mom and Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy I'll be able to share in your thoughts and what is going on in your family!!!!
    Joseph, thank you for sharing your thoughts and personal revelation!!!! You have always been so sensitive to the spirit! I love you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, good for you. I wish there were more that I could do to help you out. It is so hard living so far away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I'm the crazy one. Your e-mail address doesn't imply anything about being crazy. Where did I get that???? That's okay. You still make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your replies. I just hope I can keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's possible my mocking is just waiting for the right moment... Love you! And love the chance to hear more about your family.

    ReplyDelete