Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Stress, stress, stress, blessing, stress

I haven't written anything in a while, because I tend to only write when I am in a happy place and life has had me down lately.   I have great sympathy for people that were pressed in colonial days.   That is how I feel, but the rocks on my chest are just stresses that take my breathe away.   I imagine myself under the planks trying to push them up against the weight, and every time that I develop the strength to deal with a new situation the Lord lets another boulder fall in my way.   I am grateful for the story of Job in the Bible, because I can look at his story and say at least I still have my family, at least I still have my health (if the stress doesn't give me a heart attack,) at least I am surrounded by people who love me and support me   This post isn't about complaining about my problems, but it is an expression of my mental state as I face a major life decision, and also reflect on the past month and the blessings and trials there.  

As you can tell by my introduction we have had a lot trials recently.  We have faced a very significant financial blow, found out how crappy Obamacare is with our new insurance and higher costs (unbelievable that it is "everyone" now has insurance, but I can't afford to treat my asthma anymore because of the changes.  Go Democrats!!! $&*$*$&$ <-- = mormon swearing not the real thing), dealt with 2 dishonest doctors, dealt with a fraudulent attorney attacking me, dealt with an immediate coworker realizing that I am a direct threat to his position and this lead to him trying to undercut me, dealt with the fact that my company isn't giving me a raise this year, had unexpected car repairs and house repairs, and on top of all that I had to see April this month too!!

Ok, Ok just because it is her BIRTHDAY today (and maybe because I will see her again today and I am scared of her) I will count April's visit as a blessing.  All joking aside we have been really blessed lately too.  We have incredibly supportive parents who are always there to listen to my gripes and offer counsel.  I have been blessed with children that continually remind me how loved I am, and I have an angel for a wife who deals with my sour moods with grace and tenderness.  To me there is no great blessing than Family Love, and I have that in abundance.  It was so wonderful setting everything aside and seeing everyone when we blessed Hannah.  Of course Hannah had to add to my stress, by rolling over during the blessing and scaring me to death that I was going to drop her (then we would have seen if Eve really is patient with me or if she just pretends to put up with me.)  I know she is giving me a dirty look right now as she reads this, so go ahead imagine her look!!  

Well now that I have my life in focus (for myself) I can deal with what lead to me writing this post.  Yesterday my boss called me, to let me know I am going to be offered a promotion in our company.  I applied for it a few weeks ago, but I haven't been interviewed or contacted about it.  So this was a big shock.  Made the stress really go up.   I am being asked to manage a brand new warehouse and a brand new location for our company in San Antonio Texas.  It is only a measly 1330 miles away from where we live right now.   I am worried about Courtney being successful if we move, I am worried about being so far from family, I am worried about having a new boss, I am worried about the mass of unknowns.   The Spirit has already started helping us find answers.   As I prayed about Courtney, I was given a very clear impression that the Lord will help her anywhere, and his love for her.   I have never met a more morally astute 8 years than my little Courtney.   I ask for your prayers as we make this decision.   We have a lot on our plate, and want to be where the Lord can use us.  


One last side note.  I was recently informed that I am the only man that they know that is writing a blog.   Wellllllllllll maybe this is Eve and she just chose to do it under my name.   To quote one of Joe's favorite philosophies "It is always Eve's fault, I just have to be creative enough to figure out how."   So I am blaming this blog on her!!!   After all if she was writing it, I wouldn't have to, umm I mean if "I" would write it under my own name "Eve" then Joe wouldn't be accused of being the only man writing a blog.  Sound convincing?  

6 comments:

  1. Nope. Not convincing at all... Love you and Texas is far away, but we support you and love you no matter where you live. We will certainly add our prayers to yours. And you should be scared of me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. You should be scared of April!! :) I was great to talk to you this morning! I didn't hear all the other stress in your life, which I can relate to very well. My Obamacare has proven to be very interesting. When I made my very first appointment for a physical, after not having insurance since Al retired, the woman making the appointment said the visit would be covered by my insurance,,,unless I spoke to the doctor about "anything medical." Weather, religion, politics, just not anything medical. Try THAT the next time you go to the doctor. My meds have tripled in cost in less than a year. Anyway...whine, whine, whine....I hope this new opportunity turns out to be exactly what you need!! We love you. Gooooo Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOTE: Joseph wrote this on 2 April (NOT 1 April) so it's more likely to be true. Not really what I was expecting when I first started reading this post. Good luck with your transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texas has been good to many of my friends who left Utah for the Lone Star State. Your parents are going to be farther away than that, so I say go for it! (and keep blogging!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you and Eve both receive the same direction from the Spirit, you can go forward with confidence -- whether that means moving or staying where you are. Challenges are always good for helping us grow in ways that are often unexpected. Trust Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joe we really are excited for you. You have amazing faith and the Lord will help you through everything. Good luck with the move and know that we love you.

    ReplyDelete